Thursday, July 16, 2009

Coco Chanel + Plaid


Hello,
I've just got bck from seeing the Coco Avant Chanel movie, its so beautiful, I never knew her life was so tragic and she expressed herself through her designs so well. Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel was always different, she always desinged her own style and was very unique compared to the other sheep women of her generation. She never over accsesorised , she was plainly chic and beautiful. I adore her quote:
"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different"

very, very true and i admire her.
I now have another woman from history I admire and look up to.




On another note, recently I made a high waisted a-line skirt from a little girls blue plain school pinafore, I love wearing it and i'm so sick of plaid skirts being related to sexual things, like "naughty school girls".

Girls these days always wear them so short and on the hips, i think its unattractive...unless of course thats your intention then by all means i'll dress up for my boy anyday haha.

But im loving this cute look, this pic below is most like my skirt, exept blue and little tiny bit longer. need a belt all the time :)








I looove it, im going to invest in more.
xoxoxooxox em




No comments:

Post a Comment